When Benjamin Franklin flew his kite that stormy night, not only did he discover what would light up our houses, he may have also found the 21st centuries answer to non lethal personal protection. Whether we like it or not, as weapons advance, more and more technology is implemented. Taser International took a step back years ago and developed the original Taser, a design that has been modified and perfected. Today, nearly every law enforcement agency carries the newest model of the Taser, the X26. Since their implementation to Law Enforcement and Military personnel, Taser has designed Civilian versions of the X26, as well as a much more cost effective model for civilian use, the Taser C2. The Taser C2 can reach out and touch someone up to 15 feet away, with the help of a flashlight and laser sight integrated into the unit. Now our question is, how effective is this unit in the circumstances that may arise and is it really a better solution to more lethal alternatives?
The technologically advanced TASER C2 is designed specifically with your personal safety needs in mind. Utilizing the same technology as our proven law enforcement models, it offers incredible take down power and unparalleled protection right in the palm of your hand.
Taser C2 is an Electronic Control Device (ECD) that uses propelled wires to deliver an incapacitating pulse that overrides the sensory and motor functions of the nervous system. This powerful Neuro Muscular Incapacitation (NMI) technology can stop even the most aggressive individuals, including those under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.
The C2 uses a replaceable cartridge containing inert, compressed nitrogen to fire two small probes that are attached to 15 foot (4.5 meter) insulated conductive wires. Energy is sent over the wires into the probes, which can penetrate up to two cumulative inches of clothing. The charge is transmitted between the two probes, jamming sensory and motor functions, and inhibiting muscular control. This NMI effect continues in 30-second cycles each time you press the trigger. The C2 can also be used as a direct contact stun device if necessary.
- 15 ft. (4.5 m) range allows you to stop an attacker before s/he gets to you
- 30 second electrical pulse allows you time to safely escape danger or keep an attacker down
- Bold laser sighting system helps you aim confidently and accurately
- Integrated LED light illuminates dark places to improve your line of vision
- Compact, lightweight design allows it to be easily and discreetly carried everywhere you go
- Long-lasting Lithium Power Magazine allows over 50 uses, ensuring you have power when you need it most
- Output characteristic:
- Wave form: Complex shaped pulse
- Pulse rate: 17 pulses per second (PPS) for 5 seconds, 12 PPS for 15 seconds, ½ second break, 17 PPS for 1.5 seconds, 8 PPS for remaining 8 seconds
- Pulse duration: 100 microseconds
- Peak open circuit voltage: 50,000 volts (V)
- Peak loaded voltage: 1,200 V
- Energy at capacitors:
- Nominal at main capacitors: 0.296 joules per pulse
- Delivered into load: 0.072 joules per pulse
- Current: 0.0021 amperes (A) (2 milliamperes average)
- Power Rating:
- Nominal at main capacitors: 5 watts
- Delivered into load: 1.2 watts
- Temperature Range: -4 °F [-20 °C] to 122 °F [50 °C]
- Relative humidity: 15% to 80%
- Housing: High impact polymer
- Power Source: Lithium Power Magazine (LPM)