Features, Specifications, and a Closer Look
- Speeds start at 2400MTps and faster speeds are expected to be available as DDR4 technology matures
- Faster speeds and responsiveness than standard Crucial DDR4 memory
- Four channel memory architecture maximizes data rates
- Integrated heat spreader and black PCB
- Easy plug-and-play installation
- Intel® XMP 2.0 profiles for easy configuration
- Optimized for the latest Intel X99 platforms
- Limited lifetime warranty
|Multi-channel Kit||Quad-Channel Kit|
The Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4-2400 Quad-Channel kit’s packaging is nothing out of the ordinary, 4 RAM sticks separated by a thin piece of plastic.
The first thing you notice about the Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4 is the low profile heat sink, its nothing flashy nor does it have crazy LEDs. Secondly is DDR4’s signature 288pins, it is still the same size as DDR3 but the pins are closer together. At first glance the Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4 does not look like much and made me uneasy since I would be putting this RAM with an overclocked 5960X but the cliche saying “don’t judge a book by its cover” couldn’t be more true. Its difficult to realize that this somewhat plain looking memory runs at 2400Mhz with an X.M.P profile, a feat that only the best and most expensive DDR3 could achieve.
Here we show both sides of the RAM, you will not have any problem fitting Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4 along with any CPU cooler. The contrasting black and silver really resonate with this RAM but unfortunately it is hard to color match this to other computer components. I would have loved a heat sink that covered the top of the RAM, looking at the top of the Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4 through a windowed case only shows the black colored PCB surrounded by a thin silver plate which leaves much to be desired for an enthusiast platform.