D-Link Continues its Category Leadership with EXO’s Stylish Form-Factor,
Premium Color and Impressive Feature Set
INTERNATIONAL CES, LAS VEGAS – Jan. 5, 2016 – D-Link today announced a new line of EXO Routers to supplement the existing Ultra Performance Series. Blending exceptional design with powerful 11AC home networking performance, the EXO series provides impressive speed and coverage for an affordable price.
Comprised of two routers, the AC1900 Wi-Fi Router (DIR-879) and the AC1750 Wi-Fi Router (DIR-869), the EXO series delivers exceptional W-Fi performance. With high-power amplifiers designed to maximize range, and gigabit ports for wired connectivity, the EXO routers provide whole-home coverage for your Smart Home’s many connected devices. The AC1900 router also includes SmartConnect technology to automatically assign clients to the wireless band providing the best bandwidth.
“Following the success of the Ultra Series routers, we are continuing to deliver stylish, premium-design routers,” explains Ken Loyd, Director of Product Marketing at D-Link. “These two EXO routers not only have the unique design consumers are wanting, but they also have the technology to offer extreme Wi-Fi coverage for today’s most demanding tasks at home such as 4k media streaming, all at an incredibly affordable price.”
Continuing to lead in the category of product innovation, the EXO series furthers the trend for sleek, fashionable Wi-Fi routers, sure to make an impact in the marketplace. Rather than hide routers in closets and beneath desks, consumers can now proudly display their EXO Wi-Fi Router, confident in both its styling and its performance.
More about the D-Link EXO Series:
Additional features and capabilities for the AC1900 Wi-Fi Router (DIR-879) and AC1750 Wi-Fi Router (DIR-869) include:
- 11AC Wi-Fi Dual Band Connectivity1:
- DIR-879: Up to 1300Mbps on the 5GHz band and 600Mbps on the 2.4GHz band
- DIR-869: Up to 1300Mbps on the 5GHz band and 450Mbps on the 2.4GHz band
- High Power Amplifiers – Provide wider coverage throughout your home
- SmartConnect – Automatically assigns connected devices to the best possible band for optimal Wi-Fi performance2
- Intelligent QoS – Traffic optimization delivers seamless performance for your applications
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup – Push button to easily connect devices to your wireless network
- Backward Compatible – Works with existing Wi-Fi devices (802.11n/g)
- Wireless Encryption – Uses WPA or WPA2 security
- Easy Setup – Get online in minutes with the Quick Router Setup (QRS) mobile app
Availability and Pricing
The EXO Series Wi-Fi routers will be available throughout D-Link’s vast network of retail and e-tail partners in the United States as follows:
- AC1900 EXO Wi-Fi Router (DIR-879) – Available Q1 2016 for $149.99
- AC1750 EXO Wi-Fi Router (DIR-869) – Available Q2 2016 for $129.99
The EXO Series Wi-Fi routers will be displayed at the 2016 International CES, Jan. 6-9, 2016 in Las Vegas. Detailed specifications are available online at us.dlink.com.
D-Link is the global leader in connectivity for home, small business, mid- to large-sized enterprise environments, and service providers. An award-winning designer, developer, and manufacturer, D-Link implements and supports unified network solutions that integrate capabilities in switching, wireless, broadband, storage, IP Surveillance, and cloud-based network management. For more information visit us.dlink.com, or connect with D-Link on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/dlink) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/dlink) and D-Link’s Blog (http://blog.dlink.com/).
You must be logged in to post a comment.