- Fastest Response & Remarkable Accuracy – Our all-new receiver incorporates advanced military technology called Digital Signal Processing (DSP). This unique method of scanning enables the PASSPORT Max to identify real threats faster and more accurately than any other detector. Quicker response time means more advanced warning against instant on radar threats.
- New Multi-Color OLED Display – The new multi-color graphic display is stunning. Brilliant new graphics illuminate intuitive icons that identify the type of threat at a glance. In addition, user-selectable backlit colors allow you to choose a color that works best with your vehicle’s interior gauges.
- AutoLearn: Artificial Intelligence Protection – Intelligence is also packed into this ticket-protecting marvel. Our patented AutoLearn technology uses the power of GPS and the exact frequency to learn and automatically reject unwanted door openers and other fixed position false alarms. The result is the most accurate long-range protection in the industry and a permanent solution to false alarms.
- DEFENDER® Database – Speed traps and camera locations are everywhere! We’ve addressed the increasing number of “safety” cameras installed throughout the U.S. and Canada by pre-loading the PASSPORT Max with our exclusive DEFENDER® Database of active red light and speed camera locations throughout North America. As you approach these locations, the MAX will alert you in advance, you can even add your own “hot spots” using our exclusive Mark Location feature.
- High-Performance Laser Protection – PASSPORT Max’s multiple high-performance laser sensors provide maximum laser warning, with superior off-axis protection.
- Variable Speed Sensitivity – On Demand Performance – Our patented GPS technology allows the detector to provide alerts based on what the vehicle is actually doing. At highway speeds you need the best long range sensitivity you can get. At slower speeds, the sensitivity can be adjusted to further reduce unneeded alerts, especially when you’re not at risk. We’ve even changed the actual alert to a short double-tone when your vehicle is moving less than 20 mph.
- Crystal-Clear Voice Alerts – PASSPORT’s unique voice alerts provide clear communications for alerts and menu options. Now you can keep your eyes on the road without unnecessary distractions.
|Operating Bands||X-band 10.525 GHz ± 25 MHz
K-band 24.150 GHz ± 100 MHz
Ka-band 34.700 GHz ± 1300 MHz
Laser 904nm, 33 MHz Bandwidth
|Radar Receiver / Detector Type||Superheterodyne, Varactor-Tuned VCO
Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
|Laser Detection||Quantum Limited Video Receiver
Multiple Laser Sensor Diodes
|GPS Reciever||SiRFstar III|
|Display Type||Graphic OLED|
|Power Requirement||12VDC, Negative Ground
Escort SmartCord® Included
|Sensitivity Control||Highway, Auto, and Auto No X|
|Dimensions||1.3″ H x 3.2″ W x 5.3″ L|
Packaging and Accessories
The Max’s box includes a wealth of information on the back, listing virtually every feature and spec you could possibly need.
Aside from the unit itself Escort includes a small soft carrying case so that you can easily stow away the detector and all of its accessories when you travel.
The “SmartCord” included with the detector does a little bit more than just provide power by also lighting up when you are receiving an alert and also providing an easy to reach mute button. You also get a sticky cup windshield mount.