2nd Gen Intel® Core Processor Family
Intel’s 2nd Generation of Core processors take the many successful aspects of existing Intel processor technology with the latest research and added benefits of many decades producing top notch processors. Advancements in GPU integration, memory controllers, turbo boost, and Smart Cache enables the 2nd Gen Core series to excel in all areas surpassing expectations. The i7-2600K is the ultimate smart performance processor providing ample power to perform flawlessly even under the highest load. Digital age computing brings resource intense tasks such as video rendering/encoding, photo editing, Blu-ray/HD/3D content creation, and encryption. Multitasking on the 2nd Gen core series is painless. Tasks such as HD video encoding would previously require a PC dedicate the major of its resources to the single task, leaving the PC unusable until the encoding was complete. With exclusive technologies such as Quick Sync built-in to the 2nd Gen series of processors complemented by features of the Sandy Bridge chipset a 2nd Gen core system will perform multi-tasking of even intense tasks with ease.
The 2nd Gen Intel Core processor family features new and improved technologies built in to the chip:
- Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 dynamically increases the processor frequency as needed by taking advantage of thermal and power headroom when operating below specified limits.
- Basically this feature enables the processor to clock up and down depending on demand, more power when you need it, less power to save battery when there is less demand.
- Intel® Smart Cache is dynamically allocated to each processor core based on workload, which significantly reduces latency and improves performance.
- Up to 8MB of shared smart cache
- More cache available on the fly translate to a faster overall experience
- Advanced Encryption Standard New Instructions add hardware acceleration to AES algorithms and speeds up the execution of AES applications.
- Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Support up to 32GB
- H67 chipset supports speeds of DDR3-1066/DDR3-1333 max
- P67 chipset supports speeds up to DDR3-1600, DDR3-1866, and DDR3-2133 max
- Max Memory Bandwidth 21 GB/s
- Intel® HD Graphics with Dynamic Frequency
- Full integration of GPU into the CPU, graphics and processor housed in the one chip
- Will provide a frequency boost increasing graphics performance on demand
- Provides power savings benefit when full-on graphics is not needed, mostly a laptop battery friendly feature
- Base graphics frequency of 850 MHz
- Integration of graphics into the CPU die with HDMI spec 1.4 featuring available stereoscopic 3D and next version of Intel Wireless Display technology WIDI v2.0
Dual Display Capable
- Intel® Clear Video HD Technology
- High Definition playback technology on board
Intel® Quick Sync Video Technology
- Intel GPU utilized to encode/decode video
- H67/Z68 chipset motherboards only
- Multi-channel bit streaming audio
- Enables professional-grade audio capabilities with multi-channel bit streaming support for Dolby* TrueHD and DTS* Premium Suite.
- Available Intel Advanced Technologies
- Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x)
- Intel Active Management Technology 7.0 (AMT)
- Intel Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)
- Intel Streaming SIMD Extensions 4.1 (SSE4.1)
- Intel Streaming SIMD Extensions 4.2 (SSE4.2)
- Intel Hyper-Threading Technology (HT)
- Intel Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX)
- Intel 64 Architecture
- Execute Disable Bit
- Intel® Fast Memory Access
- Updated Graphics Memory Controller Hub (GMCH)
- Intel® Flex Memory Access
- Facilitates easier upgrades by allowing different memory sizes to be populated and remain in dual-channel mode
- Intel Socket LGA1155