- Core Outdoor Navigation Rugged and waterproof, the eXplorist combines high sensitivity GPS reception with aesthetic mapping and accurate navigation. Find your way using more than 30 navigational data fields. Create waypoints, record tracks, and route from point to point.
- Experience Recording Integrated 3.2 mega-pixel camera, microphone, and speaker enables outdoor enthusiasts to record geo-referenced images and voice notes. Relive your outdoor adventures on the device, on your computer, or share with others on various online communities.
- Superior Maps with 3D Perspective View The eXplorist series packs some of the most accurate maps into the palm of your hand. The World Edition map allows for 2D or 3D viewing angles and covers the globe with details roads and land use areas. Summit Series is a new breed of topographic outdoor maps covering various regions with high level of detail. City Series will add turn-by-turn routing to your handheld GPS receiver.
- 3.0″ Touch Screen and Button Controls The best of both worlds, the eXplorist combines the user friendliness of a touch screen with the reliability of two customizable hard buttons. Program the hard buttons to your two favorite or most used functions.
- 3-axis Electronic Compass & Barometric Altimeter* Always know exactly where you are going, which direction is north, and your accurate altitude about sea level with built-in sensors. Know the direction to the geocache while standing still. Measure barometric pressure over time to track changing weather conditions. Use a number of different digital compass’ to always understand your cardinal directions.
- Paperless Geocaching Download and view more than 20 unique characteristics of each cache and view, search, filter on the device. Details include name, location, description, hider, size, difficulty, terrain, hint, and recent logs created by other geocachers.
- 16 Hours of Battery Life Powered by two AA batteries, the eXplorist 610 will last up to 16 hours under normal conditions. To help conserve power, use the suspend mode to turn off the device but maintain GPS tracking. You can also adjust power management settings to your preference.
- OneTouch™ Menu Magellan’s award winning OneTouch™ favorites menu is now on our handheld devices. It provides instant access to bookmarks of favorite places. Set your home, base camp, and car. Easily re-assign a new location for each new adventure. 12 customizable icons to create personalized searches, save unique locations, or assign quick access to your favorite screens.
- World Edition Pre-loaded Map The World Edition includes a complete road network in United States, Canada, Western Europe, and Australia and major roads throughout the rest of the world that provides cartographic orientation in almost any location. This unique preloaded map also includes water features, urban and rural land use, and a realistic shaded relief background.
- Summit Series USA Summit Series USA is highly detailed topographic map based on 1:24,000 scale source maps. The map includes contour lines, land use areas, trails, waterways, and points of interest. Locate the nearest trailhead. Search nearest bike shops, fuel stations, or potable water source. Navigate safely in 3D perspective view while knowing the boundaries between private and public lands.
|Dimensions (English)||2.57″ x 5.04″ x 1.45″|
|Dimensions (Metric)||65.3mm x 128mm x 36.8mm|
|Battery Life||16 Hours|
|Available User Storage||500 MB|
|Temperature Range (F)||14F to 140F|
|Temperature Range (C)||-10C to 60C|
|Internal Memory||4 GB|
|Display Resolution, WxH||WQVGA, 240 x 400|
|Display Type||Color Transflective|
|GPS & Sensor|
|GPS Accuracy||Up to 3-5 meters|
|Antenna Type||Multidirectional Patch|
|3-Axis Electronic Compass||Yes|
|Mapping & Navigation|
|Preloaded Maps||World Edition + Summit Series USA|
|Points of Interest||Yes|
|Hunt & Fish Calendar||Yes|
|Sun & Moon Information||Yes|
|Coordinates Systems & Datums||Yes|
|OneTouch Favorites Menu||Yes|
|Audible Proximity Alarms||Yes|
|Silent Proximity Alarms||Yes|
|User Generated Content|
|Accepts GPX Files||Yes|
|Legs Per Route||500|
|Points Per Track||10000|
|Interface & Communications|
|Communications Protocol||USB Mass Storage|
An IPX rating of 7 means that the eXplorist 610 is able to survive being submerged in up to one meter of water for 30 minutes.