If you haven’t been following AMD lately with their recent branding and product nomenclature changes at the end of last year, than you might not be aware that the bevy of products released recently are nothing more than existing products simply renamed and pricing adjusted. With that said, today we will be looking at the Sapphire Radeon R7 260X OC, which is essentially a renamed Radeon HD 7790 with TrueAudio support enabled, and higher GPU clock rate. Is there enough here to get excited with the new naming over? Let’s find out.
|Display Support||4 x Maximum Display Monitor(s) support|
|Output||1 x Dual-Link DVI-I
1 x HDMI (with 3D)
1 x Dual-Link DVI-D
|GPU||1150 MHz Core Clock
28 nm Chip
896 x Stream Processors
|Memory||2048 MB Size
128 -bit GDDR5
6600 MHz Effective
|Dimension||215(L)x106(W)x35(H) mm Size.
2 x slot
SAPPHIRE TriXX Utility
|Accessory||1x 6 PIN to 4 PIN Power Cable
1x VGA to DVI adapter
- AMD HD3D Technology
- Enjoy the most immersive experience possible with full support for High Definition Stereoscopic 3D, a technique that presents 2D images (movies, games, photos) in a format that creates the illusion of three-dimensional depth when using compatible 3D displays / glasses / software.
- 28 nm GCN (Graphic Core Next) Architecture
- The new 28nm GCN Architecture’s more efficient process technology puts more transistors in less space, enabling a dramatic increase in processing power
- Cutting-edge Quad HD display support (4K Support)
- The display resolution on AMD Radeon R7 series is quadrupled to the resolution of 4KX2K( 4096X2160 ) from the outputs of DisplayPort 1.2 and HDMI.
- AMD Mantle
- New graphics API, properly enabled games will reach new heights of performance by speaking the language of Graphics Core Next architecture.
- AMD TrueAudio Technology